GENEROSITY©: Getting the Most from Dormant Assets
All organizations, and especially not-for-profits, have a core of supporters essential to their success. Without a commitment of time, resources, and over-the-top passion from donors, most operations would fail. Our firm’s president, Peter J Miller, who founded a 501(c)(3) organization in 1988, states, “I understand the struggle between growing your mission while creating sources of revenue.”
The concept of GENEROSITY© is quite simple: we help our clients discover and utilize personal assets with the goal of generating income streams to organizations they are passionate about. How? After reviewing our first two planning steps (AUTONOMY and SECURITY) with our clients, we discover if some assets could serve a better purpose than lying dormant in passive savings or investment accounts. GENEROSITY© is not about asking for more sacrifice; rather, it’s about managing assets more smartly. Once a client grasps this basic concept of financial stewardship—putting assets to work while not gifting them away—they begin to realize how immense their help to others can be. Plus, we automate the whole process for them!
Here's what GENEROSITY© is about:
- We focus on people who already support an organization and want to do more
- We help increase giving without it coming from our client’s existing income
- We establish an even cash flow to the organization based on our client’s instruction—typically, paid monthly direct to the organization
- We fill a niche between capital giving campaigns and annual pledge drives
- We protect our client’s desire to maintain both ownership and control of the asset, unless they direct us differently
- We follow the planning guidelines as established by the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS BOARD OF STANDARDS
- We manage the whole process on behalf of our clients
To learn more about GENEROSITY© and how it might help you, or organization, call or email. It’s really that simple!